Fake fibre sold by VM BT Offconn Openroach no good for gaming andsocial media

« BT's DNS servers | - »

Old September 11th 17, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

Default Fake fibre sold by VM BT Offconn Openroach no good for gaming andsocial media

On Sunday, 10 September 2017 11:23:25 UTC+1, 7 wrote:
Fake fibre sold by VM BT Offconn Openroach no good for gaming and social media

Gigaclear, Cityfibre and Hyperoptic have all complained to Advertising
Standards Authority (ASA), but they still no action since 2008.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...d-adverts.html

BT (British Telecum) offers similar upload speed to VM on 200mbit
service, but neither come close to similar priced products
from Gigaclear, Cityfibre and Hyperoptic with up to 1 gbit upload
speed enough for gaming, fast social media uploads, and for
whole family to use at the same time without compromising each
other's Internet experience.

The City is being overcharged and conned as well.
Their entire infrastructure is being overcharged and crippled
by BT (Brititsh Telecum) and encumbants.
City trading is 1000% crippled by slow internet
because British Telecum and Openroach don't know how
to install fibre with FPGA routers.

You don't have to use BT in the City of London - Colt and other opertors will connect you up. This has been true for over twenty years as a project I worked on there had back up connections to the Stock Exchange from a different provider.

SNIP same regurgitation as before.
Old September 11th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.misc,uk.politics.misc,uk.finance
7[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[...]

Yea sure with BT (British Telecum) being the biggest
provider in the area.

If the incumbents were deregulated and told to pack up and get lost
with Hyperoptic B4RN Citifibre Venus Metronet etc
being allowed agnostic access to ducts, and seats
on all Offconn committees then your claims have some merit.

Old September 12th 17, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 11 September 2017 16:48:54 UTC+1, 7 wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[...]

You mean market entrants being allowed to use established infrastructure for free and reap big profits as a result.

BTW Norweb Telecom (now part of Vodafone) laid fibre in a new trench to my then office in Manchester FoC over twenty years ago (although they just stuck an E1 optical concentrator on the end to give me ISDN).

How many trenches has Hype-er-optic paid for?
Old September 12th 17, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.misc,uk.politics.misc,uk.finance
7[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[...]

How did you work all that trolling material out for yourself?

The average cost of fibre install is 250 max - around 100 usually.

The average cost of fibre per km install is 5000 on open
areas. Cities as high as 100k/km.

Each bundle can carry 10,000+ cable so average costs
push towards 100/km.

The problem is down to whether the cable is then fitted
with a $14 transceiver or 10000+ piece of crap analogue
equipment.

You guessed it - with Bhtee in the middle, they will
fit 10,000 piece of copper equipment to break
out a 1gbit line into hundreds of copper line.

This is like being given 4K teevee down a 1 gigabit
fibre line, and if it were down to Bhtee, they would
fit a Cisco fibre router, then a PC to capture the video, down
convert to 425 line, and then transform it to black and
white, and then convert the fibre to copper signal
to send it down a twisted pair, and finally the fsckies
would put a black and white CRT Teevee in front of
you and claim the entire install costs 3000 and
that Bhtee had absorbed another 2000 in man power costs
so they are entitled to 5000 rebate from government.

And offconn would agree.

While all the time, the true install cost was 100
for the line, and $14 for the fibre modem.

If you though PPI mis-selling was bad, then
wait till your eyes are opened to the horrors of
Bhtee trolls selling their own kids and their
future down the river for moneeeey.

Old September 13th 17, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[...]

Funnily enough BT charge 130 for new copper, so probably pretty much the same for fibre.

The average cost of fibre per km install is 5000 on open
areas. Cities as high as 100k/km.

and?

Each bundle can carry 10,000+ cable so average costs
push towards 100/km.

If there isn't fibre / ducting there then you still have to dig up.

But of course you want BT to pay the 100k/km and then pay them 100/km to piggy back on their capital expenditure.

The problem is down to whether the cable is then fitted
with a $14 transceiver or 10000+ piece of crap analogue
equipment.

You guessed it - with Bhtee in the middle, they will
fit 10,000 piece of copper equipment to break
out a 1gbit line into hundreds of copper line.

This is like being given 4K teevee down a 1 gigabit
fibre line,

You don't need 1Gbps for 4k TV only about 50Mbps.

and if it were down to Bhtee, they would
fit a Cisco fibre router, then a PC to capture the video, down
convert to 425 line, and then transform it to black and
white, and then convert the fibre to copper signal
to send it down a twisted pair, and finally the fsckies
would put a black and white CRT Teevee in front of
you and claim the entire install costs 3000 and
that Bhtee had absorbed another 2000 in man power costs
so they are entitled to 5000 rebate from government.

And offconn would agree.

While all the time, the true install cost was 100
for the line, and $14 for the fibre modem.

Be in the pound shop soon I suppose...

Old September 15th 17, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.misc,uk.politics.misc,uk.finance
ExPatBrit

replying to 7, ExPatBrit wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Our village, just 20 crow miles from Stansted has only
just got a viable Internet service - using a private company that has the
broadband backbone connect by radio to our church steeple. From there it
radiates to each home through the air to a dish on the house. Only my
neighbour was told he is out of luck because "them two trees over there are in
the way". Our houses are just 9' apart! I have seen 20Mbps, 30Mbps is said to
be available for a bit more monthly. I don't know whether the approach could
scale to 100Mbps or higher - time will tell but at the rate we are forced to
receive video adverts - even on BBC, CNN, AOL, etc - I don't think even 30Mbps
will be adequate in a year or two, especially if more owners in the small
village take up the service and streaming becomes an expectation. Many years
ago, before patience and hair became very thin, BT offered my other neighbour
"Internet" if HE would pay them 120,000.
I swear (and I have frequently) people in BT's far-away support team, and
their U.K. Executives, think "robust fiber" includes string that doesn't fray.
Two years ago, my landline went dead. I filed complaint once I figured our how
to. I was told I could re-refute my calls to my 85 year old neighbour's line -
the off-shore moron didn't understand the stupidity of that on so many levels.
Then when I contacted them again they called me a liar and that there was no
fault report! After ELEVEN days an Openreach bloke showed up. I explained the
situation and he walked about 50 yards down the road, looked up and reported
the connection at the top of the pole was probably broken - exactly my
original suggestion. I asked how long to fix it and he said "Dunno. I need to
call for a cherry picker 'cos I can't shin up the pole like we used to".
Whereupon he went back to his truck, made a call, and spent at least the next
two hours having a nap while probably still "on the clock" BT and Openreach is
probably on of the biggest consumer frauds ever. By the way, the village also
has appalling 2G/3G service - even a lorry barreling through our narrow main
road ignoring 30mph is enough to cause the signal to drop - although if it is
raining the signal won't be there anyway.
So for at least 11 days (I was home between long distance business trips) I
had no ability to make or receive calls - even 999.

--
posted from
http://www.beansmart.com/uk-finance/...r-g-92283-.htm