Plusnet billing failures

Old September 7th 18, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

Default Plusnet billing failures

Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it was available. But the usual web links to billing simply don't work, bringing up all sorts of error messages. Don't they test new systems at all? Or maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB?

There are scores of postings on the forum complaining about the same thing.

If you try to contact them via webchat, despite the hours being posted as 7.30 am to 10pm seven days a week and it currently being just after 6pm, the message says the customer service team are currently offline. Hopeless.

--
Clive Page
Old September 7th 18, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

"Clive Page" wrote in message
Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first to
say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it was
available. But the usual web links to billing simply don't work, bringing
up all sorts of error messages. Don't they test new systems at all? Or
maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB?

There are scores of postings on the forum complaining about the same
thing.

If you try to contact them via webchat, despite the hours being posted as
7.30 am to 10pm seven days a week and it currently being just after 6pm,
the message says the customer service team are currently offline.
Hopeless.

My impression, from my own experience and that of my parents who have all
been been customers of Force 9 since the early 2000s, is that their customer
support has gradually gone downhill. They are still streets ahead of the big
names like BT Internet, TalkTalk, Sky and Virgin, mainly because they have
resisted the temptation to use Indian call centres, but whereas they used to
be "outstanding", they are now only "fairly good" (the ones I mentioned
above would be "poor" on that scale). Plusnet have made a unique selling
point of the fact that they are based in Yorkshire and mostly staffed by
Yorkshire people.

My parents recently upgraded from ADSL to FTTC/VDSL and they were told lots
of different and conflicting information by different support people about
passwords, likely speeds and estimated dates.

Things have gone downhill from the days when they managed a complicated
house-move which involved them closing one account and moving another from
my old house to the one where I closed that older account. On that occasion
the guy sounded unfazed by my rather tentative request, and it all happened
smoothly.

One recent change is welcome: previously if you moved house and didn't have
another house to move immediately to where the account could be transferred,
they closed the account and charged you a holding fee to keep alive any
email addresses based on the account. A few weeks ago they announced that
the email accounts would now be kept alive for free. They still can't
resurrect a "parked" account, but I suppose you can't have everything!

Old September 7th 18, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Clive Page wrote:

Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first
to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it
was available.* But the usual web links to billing simply don't work

I'll see tomorrow (mine usually arrives on 8th)

I did see a complaint from another user that the billing page on the
portal was blank for them, when I checked it took a few extra seconds to
load for me, but was ok.

Old September 9th 18, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher[_3_]

On 07/09/2018 18:19, Clive Page wrote:
Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first
to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it
was available.* But the usual web links to billing simply don't work,
bringing up all sorts of error messages.** Don't they test new systems
at all?** Or maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB?

There are scores of postings on the forum complaining about the same thing.

If you try to contact them via webchat, despite the hours being posted
as 7.30 am to 10pm seven days a week and it currently being just after
6pm, the message says the customer service team are currently offline.
Hopeless.

I've had two emails every month to advise me my payment for landline and
vdsl was due.Both to the same email address and both together
Old September 9th 18, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Andy Burns wrote:

Clive Page wrote:

Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails,
first to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say
that it was available.* But the usual web links to billing simply
don't work

I'll see tomorrow (mine usually arrives on 8th)

Well it just arrived, the email linked to the bills&payments page on the
portal, which did take some time to load (appearing blank while it did so)

last months bill was there in PDF format, and all previous months still
there in old text/table format, so all looks ok for me at least.
Old September 10th 18, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 28 + on desktop

Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

Clive Page wrote:

Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails,
first to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to
say that it was available. But the usual web links to billing simply
don't work

I'll see tomorrow (mine usually arrives on 8th)

Well it just arrived, the email linked to the bills&payments page on
the portal, which did take some time to load (appearing blank while
it did so)
last months bill was there in PDF format, and all previous months
still there in old text/table format, so all looks ok for me at least.

I've just checked mine. Usually I get emailed withi 5 days of the 1st
of the month and the the money is paid on around the 4th of the month.
So far, no email and my account hasn't been debited. I suppose I ought
to contact them in the morning.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 28+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old September 10th 18, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 18:19:52 +0100, Clive Page wrote:

Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first to say that this months bill would be delayed, and later to say that it was available. But the usual web links to billing simply don't work, bringing up all sorts of error messages. Don't they test new systems at all? Or maybe they have hired the same IT bunch as TSB?

There are scores of postings on the forum complaining about the same thing.

If you try to contact them via webchat, despite the hours being posted as 7.30 am to 10pm seven days a week and it currently being just after 6pm, the message says the customer service team are currently offline. Hopeless.

I haven't noticed any problems with this as of now. If in dount then
two words spring to mind: "Ask Bob" ;-)

--
I am the God of Hell fire and I bring you: Brexit
Old September 11th 18, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

Andy Burns wrote:

I've just checked mine. Usually I get emailed withi 5 days of the 1st
of the month and the the money is paid on around the 4th of the month.
So far, no email and my account hasn't been debited. I suppose I ought
to contact them in the morning.

There may be something useful going on in Plusnet. Today I checked again, can see a drop-down selector for the date of my bill, and when I select the latest one, it does indeed download it. But it calls it $STANDARD with no file type, so neither of my PDF readers (Adobe, Sumatra) know what to do with it. If I go into Widows File Explorer and rename the file with a .pdf extension, I can read it.

So probably this is the main remaining thing that needs fixing. But one wonders how dumb a programmer has to be to think that providing a download without a file type is a sensible move. And I still don't understand why they can't simply send out an email with a PDF attachment, which would avoid all this logging in nonsense.

--
Clive Page
Old September 11th 18, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Clive Page wrote:

can see a drop-down selector for the date of my bill, and when I select
the latest one, it does indeed download it.* But it calls it $STANDARD
with no file type, so neither of my PDF readers (Adobe, Sumatra) know
what to do with it.

Yes, it did that to me too, as I use an external PDF viewer, I just pick
the viewer for the unknown file type.
Old September 11th 18, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 28 + on desktop

Clive Page wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

I've just checked mine. Usually I get emailed withi 5 days of the
1st of the month and the the money is paid on around the 4th of the
month. So far, no email and my account hasn't been debited. I
suppose I ought to contact them in the morning.

I went through that process yesterday and it took for ages. If you
don't have unlimited free calls on your 'phone, be warned the waiting
time to get to a human being may well take hour or more. The guy I
talked to did all the checks, and insisted that my account was debited
on the 31st August this time (as with you I'm usually debited on 4th of
the following month. I've double checked my back account and the money
has definitely not been taken from there. The last payment I have made
was on 4th August. The PN guy double checked again and insisted that I
owed them nothing and am currently up to date. Makes me wonder which
John Doe is paying for my PN BB then.