A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

BT [Yahoo!] email down again



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 5th 19, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 615
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.
  #2  
Old September 5th 19, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brighton Rock
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

On 05/09/2019 15:57, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.

I have set my BT (and Yahoo) accounts to forward to a gmail account so
that I have some chance of reading mail when the BT (and Yahoo) servers
stop talking to me. But I don't think that it helped this time as I too
have an interesting time gap in incoming email so I suspect that any
emails sent then weren't even getting picked up by Yahoo.
  #3  
Old September 5th 19, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweed[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into
hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


I am going to suggest moving. There are plenty of dedicated email
providers. I use 1and1 (now calling themselves ionos) with my own domain.
Can't think of the last time it went wrong.

  #4  
Old September 5th 19, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

On 05/09/2019 17:03, Brighton Rock wrote:
On 05/09/2019 15:57, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.

I have set my BT (and Yahoo) accounts to forward to a gmail account so
that I have some chance of reading mail when the BT (and Yahoo) servers
stop talking to me. But I don't think that it helped this time as I too
have an interesting time gap in incoming email so I suspect that any
emails sent then weren't even getting picked up by Yahoo.


When I attempted to send via SMTP direct to yahoo addresses this morning
yahoo responded "RECEIVED: 421 Service not available, closing
transmission channel tnmpmscs".

Yahoo simply wouldn't accept incoming connections.

Malcolm
  #5  
Old September 5th 19, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


It's not the ISP you have to change, it's the mail provider. Get a
domain name of your own and pay somebody for a proper mail service!

--
Graham J
  #6  
Old September 6th 19, 07:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 562
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 07:57:21 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


Why not? If your ISP frequently doesn't work properly while others do,
then moving seems the most sensible thing to do. Why haven't you moved
to a different one already?

No problems at all here on Zen. There never are.

Rod.
  #7  
Old September 6th 19, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 578
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into
hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


It's not the ISP you have to change, it's the mail provider. Get a
domain name of your own and pay somebody for a proper mail service!


Or get gmail.

  #8  
Old September 6th 19, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into
hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


It's not the ISP you have to change, it's the mail provider. Get a
domain name of your own and pay somebody for a proper mail service!


Or get gmail.


Depends whether you are OK with Google reading your mail and using it
for targeting their advertising ...

--
Graham J
  #9  
Old September 6th 19, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richmond
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

Graham J writes:

Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into
hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


It's not the ISP you have to change, it's the mail provider. Get a
domain name of your own and pay somebody for a proper mail service!


Or get gmail.


Depends whether you are OK with Google reading your mail and using it for
targeting their advertising ...


I believe they stopped doing that. But third party apps can still do it.

(If you don't believe me, google it. )
  #10  
Old September 6th 19, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MissRiaElaine[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 222
Default BT [Yahoo!] email down again

On 06/09/2019 13:07, Richmond wrote:
Graham J writes:

Chris wrote:
Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/n...orking-3287154

When oh when are BT going to dump these idiots - it was promised nearly ten years ago.

Today any mail received between ~07:15 and 14:00 has just vanished into
hyperspace, with little hope of recovering it.

It doesn't show in Outlook, other devices nor even web mail :-(

PS it hit lots of other ISP's too, so please don't suggest moving.


It's not the ISP you have to change, it's the mail provider. Get a
domain name of your own and pay somebody for a proper mail service!

Or get gmail.


Depends whether you are OK with Google reading your mail and using it for
targeting their advertising ...


I believe they stopped doing that. But third party apps can still do it.

(If you don't believe me, google it. )


Adblock Plus and Ghostery work wonders. Haven't seen an online ad in
years. DuckDuckGo is a reasonably efficient search engine as well.

Personally I use Gmail with Thunderbird, and I've never seen any ads there.



--
Ria in Aberdeen

[Send address is invalid, use sipsoup at gmail dot com to reply direct]
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yahoo down again critcher[_3_] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 15 January 11th 18 02:00 AM
Fed up with UKFSN EMail going down again. What can we do to get reliable email facility? Tina uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 7 October 9th 07 10:30 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 April 5th 07 09:38 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 April 5th 07 09:38 PM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 0 April 5th 07 09:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.