Zen Internet Nationwide Outage

Old February 3rd 20, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Default Zen Internet Nationwide Outage

Apparently went down around 04:00 thismorning.
Zen Fibre at home is out and ADSL2 is also out at work.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reason for this major failure?
Old February 3rd 20, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Apparently went down around 04:00 thismorning.
Zen Fibre at home is out and ADSL2 is also out at work.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reason for this major failure?

I monitor about a dozen Zen connections - ADSL and VDSL - they are all OK.

https://servicealerts.zen.co.uk/active/3/5468

.... shows:

Leased Line

There has been an update to the original posted incident.
Leased Line Outage(Latest)
Outage Start: Mon, 03/02/2020 04:15

End: Update: Mon, 03/02/2020 10:30

Clear: The supplier engineers are working to restore services.

They have advised that they should have an update on progress at 10:30 GMT.

Further updates will be posted here when available.

Mon, 03/02/2020 07:55

New Outage

We are currently receiving reports of several Ethernet Customers who are
unable to connect since 04:15 GMT today.

Affected customers will be experiencing a loss of service.

We have escalated this incident to our suppliers and their engineers are
currently working to restore service.

Further updates will be posted here when available.

Zen regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Posted by: Jamie Rosen

--
Graham J
Old February 3rd 20, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:31:19 +0000, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

Apparently went down around 04:00 thismorning.
Zen Fibre at home is out and ADSL2 is also out at work.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reason for this major failure?

Downdetector only shows a few blips but nothing major. There appear to
have been a few incidents throughout the night including one at 0423
where they had two (yes just two) reports of a problem. There have
been a few slightly bigger peaks including one at 0823, where
apparently seven people reported problems.

That's an unusually high level of problem reports for Zen, but nothing
compared with most of the others. It's usually necessary to do a
search for Zen's problem graph on downdetector because it doesn't show
on their home screen otherwise, and it normally just flatlines.

Rod.
Old February 3rd 20, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

wrote:

Apparently went down around 04:00 thismorning.
Zen Fibre at home is out and ADSL2 is also out at work.

Don't suppose anyone knows the reason for this major failure?

Downdetector only shows a few blips but nothing major. There appear to
have been a few incidents throughout the night including one at 0423
where they had two (yes just two) reports of a problem. There have
been a few slightly bigger peaks including one at 0823, where
apparently seven people reported problems.

That's an unusually high level of problem reports for Zen, but nothing
compared with most of the others. It's usually necessary to do a
search for Zen's problem graph on downdetector because it doesn't show
on their home screen otherwise, and it normally just flatlines.

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault" or
words to that effect.
a few customers doesn't warrant such an announcement.

Never heard of downdetector, just looked, it appears to give numbers of
people that have reported faults. Anyone hitting the Zen fault line
voicemail telling them there is a major outage affecting all broadband
customers and there is an exceptionally high number of calls etc etc are
just going to hang up and wait.

Old February 3rd 20, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault" or
words to that effect.

It doesn't appear to have affected my connection.

-- Richard
Old February 3rd 20, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Layman

On 03/02/20 11:44, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault" or
words to that effect.

It doesn't appear to have affected my connection.

Nor mine. Been up since 0845. I didn't know there had been a problem
until I read the OP.

--

Jeff
Old February 3rd 20, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

On 03/02/2020 10:23, Graham J wrote:

https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/f...ence=303418479

both the exchanges I'm on are listed in the area codes affected.

My home fibre had "Showtime" connected but syslog was getting no
response from Zen authentication server.

Plusnet ADSL2 which my Zen ADSL2 fails over to is running just fine
thankfully.

Old February 3rd 20, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault"* or
words to that effect.

It doesn't appear to have affected my connection.

Nor mine. Been up since 0845. I didn't know there had been a problem
until I read the OP.

I had to give them a reality check on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ZenInternetHelp/...52543565553665

Old February 3rd 20, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

When I tried to contact them around 08:30 the tech support/fault line
said "We are experiencing extremely high levels of calls, there has been
a network failure around 04:30 that has is affecting all broadband
customers, our engineers are working on the to resolve the fault"* or
words to that effect.

It doesn't appear to have affected my connection.

Nor mine. Been up since 0845. I didn't know there had been a problem
until I read the OP.

I had to give them a reality check on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ZenInternetHelp/...52543565553665

My connections been solid since 31/12/19 see below so its not a
nationwide issue. You can read status page at

htttps://servicealerts.zen.co.uk

..Dec 31 03:51:37.374: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Virtual-Access1, changed
state to down
Old February 3rd 20, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 03/02/2020 12:55, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
I read the OP.
I had to give them a reality check on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ZenInternetHelp/...52543565553665

Domestic or business grade connection ? I don't think domestic SLAs are
'same day ' ?